Saturday, November 25, 2006

Final Project Summary

Here is my summary for my final project.

Truth or Lies? Information Literacy in the Classroom
Because anyone can create a website these days, it is important to teach our students how to tell if a site is supplying them with the truth or with lies. After reading Alan November's research on this topic, I plan to create a PowerPoint teaching others how to be sure that the information they come across is valid and how to incorporate a lesson on Information Literacy for their students.

I am creating the PowerPoint on my PC at home, and I'm not sure if it will open on a Mac. I would prefer to be in the PC lab, but if there is no room there and my PowerPoint will open on a Mac, I have no problem being in the Mac lab. I can test it on a Mac Tuesday in class.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Danielle, are you finding the available information at the November site adequate for your project? You might also take a look at the Ithaca College website for Project Look Sharp:http://www.ithaca.edu/looksharp/ as well.

I would also look at what is available at the NCTE website and in the more recent issues of our field's journals. I should have the book I ordered from TC Press by tomorrow. I'm hoping. If not it will come Tues, too late to get it to you Tues. night but not too late to leave it for you on campus. This is the new book I ordered focused on teaching media literacy at the secondary level.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the heads-up on additional information. I was surprised to find so much on the topic. I have gathered some interesting facts and ideas from other sources, but November seems to be the most helpful. I'll check out the sources you suggested.